Some Things to Consider, if you are a Financial Adviser Thinking About Digital Marketing…
Digital marketing is a great way for financial advisers to:
- Engage and build relationships with current clients through regular communications.
- Increase their prestige, authority and credibility in the eyes of your target market, particularly through regular publication of thought leadership.
- Reinforce trust. The more your brand is seen online, the more people recognise you and believe you are a serious business.
- Build brand awareness. This great for all financial advisers, but especially for smaller IFAs and startups who need to get in front of HNIs quickly.
- Increase website footfall, engagement and conversions.
If you are interested in starting a digital marketing campaign, however, there are some things you need to consider first:
- Take an honest look at your financial website. The fact is, any digital campaign will be driving online traffic, ultimately, to your website. If your website is getting on in years, or you’re ashamed and slightly embarrassed to show it to clients, then we recommend you speak to us about redesigning your website first.
- Are you responsive? By this, we mean mobile and tablet-friendly. If your website is not able to adapt well to a range of devices, then we recommend looking at a bespoke website design first.
- Take stock of your branding. Getting a brand, shiny new website is great, but you can have that and still possess a low-quality visual identity. Maybe your IFA firm is still using a logo designed by a college student, and it shows. If so, then consider whether you need to develop your branding, to show your target audience that you are a trustworthy, established and unique business who can safely be approached online with an enquiry.
With a solid financial brand and website in place, you have the necessary foundations upon which to build an effective marketing campaign with a specialist agency.
Here are some other things which might help you, prior to your approaching a financial marketing agency with your campaign brief:
- Who will work on the campaign? When you work with a financial marketing agency, it helps if both parties each run communication through a dedicated member of staff. At CreativeAdviser, we will assign a dedicated project manager to you. This person is responsible for coordinating your project, reporting to you on progress, and addressing any support needs or enquiries you might have.
- Are you prepared for an investment approach? When it comes to digital marketing for financial advisers – and especially financial SEO – it’s important to take a medium-to-long-term view. It does take time to build an effective campaign. For instance, it sometimes takes 6-12 months to get a website to rank on page 1 of Google. Yet, much like a financial investment, if you commit to the strategy it pays off down the line.
- Do you want a marketing partner? At CreativeAdviser, what makes us different from many marketing agencies is that we do not say yes to everyone who knocks on our door. We believe it helps no-one to take on a project or campaign for the sake of it, so we only take on those where we believe we can add genuine value. Partly, this decision is based on an initial analysis and report on the digital landscape you wish to enter with your marketing campaign. The other important aspect is to do with working chemistry. It’s important that our clients feel free to ask questions, raise issues and direct the overall campaign. It’s also important that clients are comfortable with us pushing back on a bad marketing idea, and offer alternatives based on our many years of experience.
Marketing should be a high priority on every financial institution’s list. A well conceived marketing plan can ensure you are staying one step ahead of competitors, remaining at the forefront of potential new clients’ minds.
At CreativeAdviser, we have the knowledge and expertise to ensure you capture the attention of new and existing clients. Whether you need help with SEO, social media marketing, printed marketing materials, newsletters or email marketing, we can help.
As an agency dedicated to financial firms, we also recognise the unique facets of your client base, regulatory constraints, and sector-specific language.
We can work with you to come up with a marketing strategy that fits your requirements and budget. Whether you’re looking for help with one specific service or want someone to take the worry and hassle from you with a package covering a broader range of services, investing in marketing is a must.